We are joined this week by Aaron Barkenhagen, owner of Bootlegger's Brewery out of Fullerton, CA. Aaron tells his tale of starting up his small brewery ten years ago in Orange County, CA leading up to having three diversely located tasting rooms. Items of discussion include:
- The story leading up to opening Bootlegger's.
- Intro to Bootlegger's core lineup.
- What inspired Aaron's core lineup.
- Running a business with his wife.
- The legacy of Knuckle Sandwich
- Scaling up recipies once Bootlegger's first expanded.
- Not immediately reacting to trends but remaining interesting to customers.
- A look at the Orange County beer scene.
- The increasing challenges of distribution.
- Running three tasting rooms in three vastly different locations.
And much more.
This podcast is sponsored by New Belgium Brewing, please visit http://newbelgiumbrewing.com to learn about their lineup and where to find their beer.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com