Derek Gallanosa returns to the show to talk about his latest venture as the head brewer of Moksa Brewing in Rocklin, CA. We talk about many things including:
- Derek's transition from Abnormal Beer Co. to Moksa Brewing.
- Why Derek's stouts are the cornerstone of his portfolio.
- The trend of quick turn pilsners and pliner-style ales.
- The underserved Sacramento market and the shift from old guard to new.
- The H-Word.
- Debate on secondary and trade markets.
- Balancing a stout so it's not deemed 'Beetus.'
- Strong relationship with Wakefield and Mostra Coffee.
- Collaborating around the country.
- Approach to IPAs.
And much more.