We are joined by Owner/Head Brewer of Dionysus Brewing out of Bakersfield, CA, Kyle Pittser. We chat with Kyle in complete astonishment as he talks us through his journey from 18 year old bartender all the way up to owning his on sour focused brewery. Items of discussion include:
- Going from the oil fields to Lengthwise Brewing at age 18.
- Learning to home brew and tackling sours.
- Starting an underground sour club.
- Kyle's insane methods for making sours on a primitive setup.
- Inspirations in the sour realm.
- Biggest fears.
- Having to brew other styles for the sake of the business.
- The kettle sour stigma.
- Thoughts on Methode Traditionale.
- Collab wishes.
- Expansion plans.
- The value in a small brewery visiting the craft brewers conference.
And much more!