We are joined by founder of Scout Distribution, Harland Brewing as well as the founder of Saint Archer Brewing, Josh Landan. In this special episode of The Full Pint Podcast, we tell the other side of the "craft beer sellout" story from the seller's perspective. Topics of discussion include:
- How Josh started Saint Archer Brewing.
- Raising initial and subsequent funds for Saint Archer.
- Building a brewing 'Dream Team.'
- Response to SD Beer predicting "built to sell" chatter.
- Relationship with Stone Distribution.
- Courtship from big beer.
- Selling to MillerCoors in 2015.
- Dealing with employee concerns post-acquisition.
- Emotions surrounding paying back investors.
- Life after Saint Archer.
- Spinning up new non-alc companies.
- Jumping back into San Diego Beer.
- What is Scout Distribution is a response to.
- What makes Scout different?
- Signing on Societe Brewing to Scout.
- Starting up Harland Brewing.
- Josh's biggest regret.
And much more.
We'd like to thank the sponsors of this show, if you are interested in sponsoring this podcast, please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Firestone Walker Brewing - Check out the new hazy IPA, Mind Haze - Let your mind wander.
• El Segundo Brewing - Makers of some very fine hoppy ales near LAX, also check out their new digs, The Slice and Pint.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast is provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com