We are joined by the Godfather of the American Double IPA, Co-Owner and Brewmaster of Russian River Brewing, Vinnie Cilurzo. We discuss many things including:
- Vinnie's start in Temecula, CA.
- Migrating to Sonoma for Korbel
- Starting Russian River Brewing
- The birth of Pliny the Elder
- The early adoption of Simcoe
- The super short shelf life of Pliny
- The barrel aged sour program
- The legacy of Beatification
- What led to Windsor expansion
- Strategy on spreading the beer around with more production
- Addressing the lack of supply among eager retailers
- The change in IPA preferences
- Will Russian River can, and why didn't they add a canning line in Windsor
- COMIC SANS~!
And much more.
This podcast is sponsored by New Belgium Brewing, please visit http://newbelgiumbrewing.com to learn about their lineup and where to find their beer.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com