We are joined by industry veteran and new owner and brewer at Urban Roots Brewing & Smokehouse in Sacramento, CA. Peter has just opened his doors to Urban Roots and shares the long and winding road to get there. We discuss the following:
- Peter's brewing resume
- His shift to Brewery Supply Group
- Nut Rolls?
- The Legacy of Odonata Brewing
- Planning Urban Roots Brewing & Smokehouse
- The risks considered in opening a brewery in 2018.
- Not compromising on what's being brewed and how it's being sold to customers.
- Relationship with Sante Adairius Rustic Ales in Capitola
- Lagerbier and much much more!
We are joined by owner/founder/brewer of Santa Fe New Mexico's Rowley Farmhouse Ales, John Rowley. John shares his strong and fun views on many topics such as:
- An introduction of Rowley Farmhouse Ales
- His love of Saison / Farmhouse Ales
- John's inspiration for making mixed culture beers
- The Sante Fe Beer Scene
- Is he forced to brew/serve IPA?
- Thoughts on BeerAdvocate, RateBeer and Untappd
And much more!
We are joined by Southern California Craft Beer OG "Dr." Bill Sysak of Wild Barrel Brewing. Doc shares his transition from Stone Brewing as their craft beer ambassador to Co-Founder and CEO of a new brewery in North County San Diego. Items of discussion include:
- How Danny and Bill met.
- The "Dr." Moniker
- An introduction to Wild Barrel Brewing
- Starting off with Kettle Sours
- Selecting San Diego County for a new brewery
- Picking a core lineup that pleases the geeks and new drinkers.
- The San Diego IPA.
- Running the beverage program at Stone Brewing
- Stone's place in the beer geek world
- Imperial Stouts
And much more!
We are joined by industry legend Chris Black of Falling Rock Tap House in Denver, CO. We chat about many things related to the current climate of the craft beer industry and the current state of the pub business with Chris including:
- A recap on Chris putting Oskar Blues on blast for opening up a destination in Downtown Denver.
- Avery Brewing's minority sale.
- Thoughts on Colorado being over saturated?
- The current health of Falling Rock Tap House and the day to day happenings.
- Brand loyalty, permanent tap handles.
- How Stone and Russian River fit into the Hazy IPA and short attention span market.
- And much more!