We are joined by longtime Chicago based writer and author of Barrel Aged Stout and Selling Out: Goose Island, Anheuser-Busch, and How Craft Beer Became Big Business. In part 1 of our discussion, we talk about:
- How Josh began writing and when he pivoted to covering beer in the Chicago area.
- Jumping head first into writing about Goose Island's sale to Anheuser-Busch in 2011.
- AB giving Josh access to key stakeholders of the Goose Island transaction.
- The key member of AB's team Josh was not given access to.
- Possibility of a second book or new editions.
- Tracking the taste of Goose Island beers post acquisition.
- Danny's experience with post-acquisition AB beers.
And much more!
This podcast is sponsored by The Full Pint Shop. Grab tshirts, hats, glasses and more to support the beer fam.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com